The first ever FIFA World Cup event hosted by India. The tournament hosted by India is scheduled to began from 6th with final at Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata on 28 October 2017.
Physical sale of tickets for the FIFA U-17 World Cup, to be hosted by India, started on 7th September 2017 in Goa with launch of the Box Office near the Sports Authority of Goa Indoor Stadium in Fatorda.
Goans can now buy tickets from the counters which will be open from 10 am to 5 pm, a media release said today.
The tickets will be sold at discounted rates till October 5 and are priced at Rs 150 for category 3 seats in north & south stands and Rs 300 for category 2 in the east stands, the release added.
The Goa matches will be played at Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Fatorda. The stadium will host nine matches from October 7 to October 21.
Tournament Director of the Local Organising Committee, Javier Ceppi said, “We had promised all Goans that we would open physical ticket sales and we are happy with the way they have responded.”
Tickets will also be available online, it added.
The World Cup, the first FIFA tournament to be hosted by India, will have 24 teams in the fray.
(This story has not been edited by Goa Top 10 and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
About FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017
24 teams are participating in FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017.
U-17 World Cup Match Venues are:
- Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Kochi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi
- DY Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai
- Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Guwahati
- Fatorda Stadium, Margao
Teams Participating in FIFA U-17 World Cup India are :India
- New Zealand
- United States
- Costa Rica
- North Korea
- New Caledonia
U-17 World Cup Format :
There are four groups of 6 teams each. Top two teams from each group qualifies to the round of 16 plus four best third placed teams.
The rankings of teams in each group are determined as follows (regulations Article 17.7):
- points obtained in all group matches;
- goal difference in all group matches;
- number of goals scored in all group matches;
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings are determined as follows:
- points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
- goal difference in the group matches between the teams concerned;
- number of goals scored in the group matches between the teams concerned;
- fair play points:
first yellow card: minus 1 point;
indirect red card (second yellow card): minus 3 points;
direct red card: minus 4 points;
yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points;
- drawing of lots by the FIFA Organizing Committee.
Reference : Wikipedia