Introduction and Scope
What Information We Collect
When you interact with our Website or our Application, we may collect the following pieces of personal information about you:
- When you sign up to receive newsletters from us, or contact us about our reviews, we may collect identifiers, such as name and email address. You do not have to provide this information to use our Services, but we may need it in order to provide you with specific services. For example, you would need to provide your email address so we can send you the BestReviews newsletter.
- We also automatically collect internet and device information when you browse our Website or use our Application. This information may include, but is not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), access times, referring web sites, exit pages, and click activity.
- We collect general location information such as city and state through IP addresses.
- We may collect information from third parties, like Amazon, when for instance, you click on a link on the Services that takes you to Amazon’s website.
Cookies and Other Technologies
You can disable cookies in your web browser so that cookies are not set without your permission. Note that disabling cookies may limit the features and services available to you. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
How We Use the Information We Collect from You
We use the information that we collect about you in a number of ways.
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Services.
- To communicate with you about our Services at your request, such as to provide you with customer support and to respond to your inquiries.
- To personalize your experience on our Services, including through advertising, and to provide you information about our Services and particular offers that you may be interested in.
- To secure our Services and its users, for example by monitoring, preventing, and detecting fraud, and combating malware or security risks.
How We Share the Information We Collect from You
We may disclose the information we collect from you with third parties for business purposes (as defined by applicable law) or as required by applicable law as described in this section.
We share your information with the following entities:
- Our service providers that perform services on our behalf.
- Our affiliates. We may share information we collect within our family of companies to deliver products and services to you and to enhance our products, services, and customer experience.
- Third party merchants. when you click on one of our product reviews to make a purchase, some internet and device information is sent to the third party seller to let them know that you came from our site where it is necessary to fulfill the transaction (i.e. get paid) for referring you there.
- Third parties for legal purposes. We may disclose information that we collect and maintain about you if we are required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our users, the public, or other third parties.
- Sale of all or part of our business. We may disclose information in connection with a corporate transaction, including for example a merger, investment, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, or sale of some or all our assets or due diligence in contemplation of a transaction.
- Third-party online advertisers and ad networks. Our services may disclose information to third party advertising networks to allow for the delivery of advertising on other websites you visit and other applications you use.
Interest-Based Advertising Services
Third parties, including without limitation those whose products or services are accessible or advertised via the Services, may place cookies or other tracking technologies (such as mobile ‘SDKs,’ which function like a mobile version of a browser cookie and are embedded in mobile applications) on your computer browser, mobile phone applications, or other device to collect information about your use of the Services in order to (i) inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our websites and other sites and mobile applications and (ii) report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our websites and use of our Services. We also allow other third parties to serve interest-based ads to you on the Services, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Services so that interest-based ads may be delivered to you when you are using other websites and mobile applications.
The third parties that use these technologies may offer you a way to opt-out of interest-based ad targeting as described below. We do not maintain or control these opt-opt mechanisms, which are provided by non-affiliated third parties. Further, we do not control which third parties choose to participate in these opt-out mechanisms. If you would like more information about interest-based browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver such advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA’s) Consumer Opt-Out link or TrustArc’s Advertising Choices Page to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from companies that participate in those programs.
If you have a Google account, we may use Google Analytics to display advertising to you. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings Support page. You will need to log in to Google via the Sign In link if you are not already logged in when you visit that page.
Please note that opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean that you will no longer see advertising on the Services, but these ads may be less relevant to your interests.
Protecting Your Information
Choices About Your Personal Information
Marketing Emails and Newsletters
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or other emails from us about our Services that you may be interested in, you may click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send to you.
BestReviews may provide links to third party websites and services for your convenience. BestReviews does not control, and is not responsible for, how those third parties collect or use your information. You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more information on their practices as well as for instructions on how to opt-out of certain practices.
Effective Date: June 1, 2021